studio visit!

I took a few photos of my newly set up studio today. This is as clean as it will ever look ever again so I thought I should document it!

new_studio_DC-002

This is the "art side" of my studio/office. The bamboo rug on the floor is to cover up as much carpet as possible. I hate carpet but this apartment has it in the 2 bedrooms (thankfully there are wood floors in the living room). So this is the next best thing! Even though there's lots of natural light, I still have my 3 Ott Lites. Love the pink one! The cork board I got a few years ago from Ballard Design. The table (really 2 folding tables together) is covered with a giant sheet of the Ranger non-Stick Craft Sheet that I was lucky enough to get from them. I love it in this giant size, I can scrape away all my mess at the end of each project!

new_studio_DC-011

Close-up view of the giant bulletin board above my art table. I can't use thumb tacks in the cork because Stanley takes them down and tries to eat them. So that's why there are all those pieces of tape on there!

new_studio_DC-014

I love plastic bins. These ones fit in great in this cheap shelving I got from Service Merchandise about 10 years ago. Does Service Merchandise even exist anymore?

new_studio_DC-004

This is the "office side" of the studio with the computer and my favorite copying machine (Canon PC940) on the left. This copier was carried resting on pillows in our Honda all the way up from FL because I would be so sad if anything happened to it.

new_studio_DC-015

I'm really proud of this part! This is a closet in the studio that I turned into my packing and shipping area. So now I have a space for all my shipping supplies + a table to pack the boxes on and my workshop suitcases fit in too. I used to do all my packing and shipping on our dining table, but now we don't have that anymore so this works out even better!

new_studio_DC-008

Toby relaxing on the carpet! He's the one member of the family who really likes the carpet!