turning the corner

I think it happened last week. Suddenly, I felt more in tune with living here in DC. Instead of feeling like I was trying to like living here. I was liking it! yay!

I have made some small changes to my schedule that has helped me settle in. Now in the morning instead of sleeping in, I get up and get ready so I can walk with Paul a little bit to work. Getting out and about has really helped to make me feel more at home here. I love looking in all the shops and picking up milk on the way back etc.

w_street

This is a row house that is around the corner from our building. This one is on W street and I love the way it looks with the painting on the side. I lust after these rowhouses. Every day when I walk Toby by them, I think I want one, I want one! I can imagine living there and tending to the little garden in front. I even decorate the inside in my head. I just need a lot (a lot!!!) of money to have one! Still, it's fun to dream!

Tonight we are going to have dinner at our neighbors apartment down the hall. They moved in just two weeks after we did and we kept running into them and chatting up a storm so now we are meeting up. Paul picked up a 1/2 dozen cupcakes from Hello Cupcake and we are bringing them over.