apartment tour!

I took some quick pics of our apartment here in DC today and thought I'd share them with you!

DC_apartment_livingroom

View of the entryway!Artwork by Lynn Whipple above entryway table.

DC_apartment_livingroom4

Our living room. I made a shelf for Stan to sit on top of the shutters using plexi. It took me two weeks to figure out how I would make the shelves so they 1) wouldn't hurt the shutters and 2) you couldn't see them. I used plexi and those removable 3M sticky strips. They worked out and he loves it! He sits up there almost all day.

Dress artwork on the right by Martha Lent. We arranged the whole living room around this artwork which is one of my prized possessions. This was the only wall there would be enough space for it. I love this piece!

DC_apartment_livingroom3

View of the living room with the fireplace. Artwork on mantle is by Linda Norton. She sells on ebay +etsy and I love her work! Our very small TV. We gave our big TV to my parents when we left Orlando. Getting used to this one, but it is hard to watch subtitled movies on it.

DC_apartment_livingroom2

Our living room other side. This is the side that you are supposed to put a tiny dining table but we decided since the space was so small to just make it all living room and not have a table at all. We never eat at the dining table anyway!

This yellow chair is Mabel's favorite!As you can see she is already on it and spends most of her day there.

DC_apartment_kitchen

The galley style kitchen. Artwork of Mable by Karen Derrico. I love how the EAT sign is positioned over the Mabel painting and Mabel's food bowls. Note they are empty because she eats everything up right away!

The last room is the Studio/Office which I already posted here. So that's our 700 sq feet of home here in DC. It's starting to feel nice and cozy and today was the first day that sparrows came to the feeders I put on the porch. yay!