key west!

As promised we went to Key West today and I headed straight to the Earnest Hemingway house. I was not there to see the house but to see the famous 6 toed Hemingway cats! I barely spent 5 minutes in the house, all I wanted to do was to see if I could find and cuddle as many of the kitties as possible. Some of them were very snuggly and some of them just wanted to sun bathe, so I didn't bother them. I talked to another tourist who also said she was there just to see the cats too! They are quite the attraction!

charlie_chaplin

Here's Charlie Chaplin, he's the most photographed kitty of all of the 60 Hemingway cats. Not all of the cats at the Hemingway house have the famous 6 toes. But more than 1/2 of them do! Charlie does. The orange cat is Pablo Picasso in the background.

cat_toes

Here's an extreme close up of the toes. So cute!

We did get a few more photos, but I'll download those later. There are also more on the Hemingway House web site!

rooster

And a Key West rooster..... they are all over the island and very loud!!! I love them. I want one. I don't think my homeowners assn would approve.

I'm off to bed! Apparently the guys are snorkeling tomorrow. I will not be. I have a terrible fear of fish. Like deathly afraid. I think I was eaten by a fish in another life. I might go kayaking though. We'll see how adventurous I feel.