visit to the dr

Went to the Dr today for a checkup and to get more migraine meds. I was the last appt and it took so long! I was there from 4:30 - 6pm and wasn't seen by the Dr until 5:45pm! That's the last time I book my appt at the end of the day.

At one point I wondered if they had forgotten about me. I was back in the exam room waiting for the Dr and about 45 min went by. I could hear them all chattering outside the door. I almost went out in my paper outfit to see if they remembered me and then he came in.

He wants me to get an MRI because of all the migraines I have. I am not happy about doing that. I have been seeing him since I was 18 with migraines, so why the MRI now? I think it's unnecessary and expensive (even with insurance). He went into a long explanation about how anyone with chronic headaches especially as many as I get (3-4 a week) should get an MRI to be on the safe side. I still think it's an unnecessary test but I have a feeling he will hold my imitrex hostage until I go and get it. Just the thought of that was enough to give me another migraine.