monday musings

I love it when I get gifties in the mail! Look at this gigantic box of ribbon that the sweet gals from Creative Impressions sent me! oh boy!! I can not wait to start using it. I plan on making a whole bunch more of my sitting poppets® and this will be perfect!

I spent today working on custom artwork orders, my goal is to get 5 sketch orders + 1 canvas order a week. So I am also working on a big PR campaign to boost orders. I sent out press releases to a few magazines, including domino magazine. Hope it works!

Then I was researching online backup systems. I think right now I am going to go with Carbonite. It's fairly easy to use and now I have 1/2 my stuff uploaded for the free trial. Mozy looks really hip and nice but now that I have gotten so far with Carbonite I am reluctant to mess with it anymore. I hate dealing with this stuff. I can always switch later if Carbonite doesn't work out.

After all that I started getting artwork ready for a show I am having at Orlando City Hall, August-October. I am seriously worried about having enough artwork for this show. Since I work so small (9x12 - 16x20) I don't know if my art will cover all the walls that I am supposed to. It is stressing me out. I have to turn in all the label information to them this week so I can't work on big stuff between now and then. akkk! Maybe the other guy who is showing at the same time can just take up some of my wall space!

It's late!! see you tomorrow!