travel plans and workshops

I just got done booking my flights for a workshop I will be teaching in Vancouver this March.

I had to make the tough decision to fly through Dallas, TX.

I swore off any connections through Dallas in 2003 when I got stuck on the tarmac on an American Airlines plane for 5 hours because of "weather."

It was a direct flight from Orlando to Dallas that took 8 hours! Ugh, I said never again!

But the flight times and prices were the best so I decided to take my chances. I will hope for the best and that Dallas will redeem itself to me as an acceptable airport to make a connection in. We'll see, it was bad enough in Houston this last October, I might have to swear off Texas all together.

I was looking at my workshop schedule for this year and boy oh boy is it tiny! This will be the least amount that I have taught since I first began teaching. I am excited to have more time to spend working on my art and commissions, and goals for the future.

If you were looking for a workshop for this year, take a peek at my schedule, classes are filling up fast! My Bonita Springs workshop is already sold out, yay! After Bonita Springs, I am only teaching at 2 USA locations + 1 in Canada and then of course Italy too!

P.S. above artwork is a Christmas commission I did, of a husband and wife and their newly adopted son -- what a sweet family!!