on my nightstand

On my nightstand are two books by Danny Gregory. He’s the Author of  An Illustrated Life and Creative License.

Travel reading for my flight home

Danny is best known for his book Everyday Matters which he talks about how he started sketching as a way to cope when his wife was in a terrible accident that left her a paraplegic.

The focus of all his books is getting people to sketch/journal about their lives as a way of recording/journaling and mediation.

It’s a topic that keeps coming up for me. I want to sketch/journal on a regular/daily basis but then I never get around to it. "real work" gets in the way etc. Well this year I am determined to make it a habit. You'll be hearing more on myblog later about that!

If you like the idea of bringing more sketching into your life, check out this free ebook from Michael Nobbs (who also struggles with chronic fatigue like me!). What I love about his web site and blog is that he shows how to work art into your daily life in tiny and manageable amounts. Sign up for his newsletter for lots of good tips too!