illustration friday: toy

Here's my entry for this weeks illustration friday theme of "toy"

When I saw the word for this week was toy, right away I thought of my dollhouse project. While most think of dollhouses as toys I am using one as a vehicle for my illustrations. And now I am addicted! I get to play with dollhouses and create illustrations. It's my fantasy combo!


Stanley cat inspects dollhouse

It all started with a simple little dollhouse... here's our late Stanley cat checking out the dollhouse when I first got it put together. I could always count on little Stan to be my helper with any project!
(RIP Stanley - we miss you!)

 

First,  I create a little figure out of paint, paper etc and add a little line drawing on top....


dollhouse_travelLR

Then I stage the shot and take the final photo, touch up in Photoshop (here I added the pattern to the bag in PS)

I have been so busy lately working on assignments that I haven't gotten to play with the dollhouse project as much as I would like. But I am itching to get back to it soon!

Have a great weekend everyone!