just desserts

Last Saturday I took a class at a Miniature Show in Tysons taught by Patricia Wehmeier.  I was there with my friends Amy and Leslie and Leslie's sweet daughter (happy birthday Sylvan!)

It was so much fun! We made these teeny weeny desserts all day long and I had another excuse to experiment with my dollhouse project! We also learned some great tips!  Did you know that moisturizer will remove colored polymer clay stains from your hands? I didn't!

dollhouse_dessertsLR

 

So here's my dollhouse character, Betty with just a small portion of the desserts we made: ice cream sundaes, cupcakes, chocolate bunnies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies etc. We also made the mini napkins, place mats and napkin rings.

I think when I get around to writing + photographing the story of Betty that she will be terrible at everything domestic except baking. That way I can make all these fun sweets for her! Who knows ... maybe she will open up a Sweet Shop!