A new day



I must have caught up on some sleep.  I woke up when my alarm went off and didn't have to drag myself out of bed.  I allowed myself a nice big morning stretch and now I'm at my kitchen table, watching the cats eat, checking email, catching up on blogs, and feeling good.  Awake.  Happy.

I am excited about the weekend.  Yes, I do know it is only Thursday, but Friday looms large, in the best possible way.  A dear friend gets married on Friday.  Not only am I very happy for her and her husband-to-be and the fact that I will see another good friend from Boston who I haven't seen in a year, I am also shimmering with anticipation about the party itself.   My soon-to-be-married friend is a designer of flowers and spaces and weddings with impeccable taste and an eye for detail.  And she's planned a very San Francisco wedding.

Ceremony at San Francisco City Hall 
(where I got married earlier this year - yay!) 




Followed by cocktails and dancing at the Green Room of the San Francisco 
War Memorial Veterans Building.  





How grand, how cosmopolitan, how.....San Francisco.

And the celebration doesn't stop there.  We'll be back in the city on Saturday for dinner and drinks in North Beach, the city's Italian Section.  I lived in North Beach upon my arrival in California in the mid-90s; it was my introduction to the city and it always feels special to me for that reason. 


Drinks at Tosca Cafe
A San Francisco institution since 1917 with a classy, old-school atmosphere that promises to transport us back to the days of Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack 


        











I've lived here for 15 years and never been.  An Evening at Tosca Cafe has been at the top of my To Do Before I Move To Vienna List since we decided to move, so I am very excited.  And grateful to my friend.  What a wonderful way to celebrate her, her future, and enjoy this incredible city where we met and became friends.


By the way - if I had decided to plan a full-on wedding, reception, weekend, this is very likely EXACTLY what I would have wanted.  Now, I just have to find the perfect outfit.


Photo credit: Anemone Jones