easy faux peeled paint technique

I thought I'd share with you a new technique that I discovered! I'll show you how to create a faux peeled paint look using Ranger's Perfect Medium (or you can also use the Ranger Watermark Resist pad) and Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints.


Before I started I've painted a Maya Road chipboard house with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Modern Red. You could do this on any non-porous surface, painted papers, painted cigarbox, chipboard, painted canvas etc. In order for the technique to work you'll need to paint your surface first either with colored acrylic paint or Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium.

Using the corner of the Perfect Medium Pad, (or Ranger Watermark Resist pad) wipe over the house shape in a few places to create a streaky look.


It should look like this. With a few streaks of Perfect Medium around the house shape. Make sure not to put it everywhere.


Paint over the entire house shape Here I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio in Painterly Pink You will notice that the paint resists and makes a peeled paint look.

It's an easy and quick way to create an aged effect! Hope you enjoy experimenting with this technique!