illustration friday: skinny

I have two submissions for this week's illustration friday theme of "skinny"

The first thought that came to mind was the typical scale/weight theme when I thought of the theme so here's what I made first:

skinny_illo_friday

Then as I was working on the piece above I had a new idea! I thought about our cat Mabel and I decided to do a piece with her in it. Mabel is the opposite of "skinny"! Mabel's actual photo was used for the cat :)

fat_cat_lr

Mabel is our huge fatty beast of a cat who I found in 2005 wandering the street outside our home in Florida. She was so skinny you could see every rib - hard to imagine now!

When we first took her in she would trick us. She's an academy award winning actress, telling Paul I hadn't fed her and vice versa. So we were both feeding her and before we knew it she was not skinny anymore! We do try to keep her weight down to a reasonable level, but it's difficult with a very demanding cat!

here's a photo of Mabel in her favorite TV watching position.

mabel_resting

Have a great weekend everyone!!