ring a ding a ling!

My friend Lorraine is collecting unusual stories about rings... coincidences, lost and then found rings any personal story about a ring ... for a special book project. If you have a story that you'd like to tell about a ring in your life, please contact her, or post your stories in the comments and I will make sure she gets them! She will be thrilled. Her email is pink23@aol.com.


To get started I'll tell you my "ring" story. Like most ring stories it's about my engagement!

It was September 2000 and we were on a little vacation in London, Paul had brought the engagement ring with him on the trip without my knowing about it. He kept saying things like "how about we go sit in the park on a bench over here" and I would respond "no let's keep sight seeing!" Paul was so frustrated trying to find the perfect spot to pop the question, I was making it difficult!

Finally back at the hotel he decides he's going get it over with and he gets down on one knee and pauses the TV. I was clueless and was thinking "hey I was watching that!" then he asks me to marry him and of course I said yes! It was a beautiful ring, a square cut diamond in the center of smaller diamonds. I don't wear it anymore because I am worried I'll get it full of paint. Which is very likely! I just wear my wedding band now which reminds me of an ornate napkin ring, but I can't blame anyone because I'm the one who picked that one out!

I know my Mom has a great ring story, something about a little boy down the street who took his mother's wedding ring and asked Mom to marry her when they were all of 4 or 5 years old and then the ring had to be given back. Mom maybe you can share that story with Lorraine or with us? I would love to hear it again!!