back in the studio

It feels like forever since I have been home and working in the studio. It has been 3 weeks but it feels longer than that! I am still gathering my wits about me, usually a lot of travel will get me off balance and it takes a few days to settle back into artwork and getting into the flow of being creative in the studio.

Last night Paul and I rescued a baby bird who was hopping around in the street. We took him home and he snuggled down in a box with blankets and this morning I raced him over to The Second Chance Wildlife Center in Gaithersburg MD. What an amazing center! There were baby ducks and baby squirrels all being given a second chance! Turns out our bird was a baby Robin and the prognosis is good! I said a tearful good-bye to my little Robin and wished him well. Paul and I are now members and we are so relieved there are places and people like this where you can take injured song birds. I know he'll enjoy flying around in Maryland much better than in the city here in DC!