sticky back canvas embellished t-shirt

Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook know that a few weeks ago I was struggling with using a sewing machine for the first time - it took me a whole day just to thread the bobbin! Over the next couple days I'll share with you my experiments!

stickyback_t

This first one is a Sticky Back Canvas T shirt project! I bought a T-shirt from Target - my favorite place to shop! And embellished using my Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic paints Sticky Back canvas. You can sew it, and it holds up in the washer. Just turn it inside out and put it in a mesh bag to protect it in the machine, then lay flat to dry! you can iron lightly once dry to smooth out anything that need to be flattened again. I washed this shirt with my regular laundry, jeans etc and it was fine!

stickyback_t_detail

Here's a detail of the sewing! Remember this was my first time sewing, so it's not perfect, but I wanted you to see that you can easily sew the Sticky Back Canvas, and it doesn't even gum up the needle.

Sticky Back Canvas embellishments must be sewn on to last through the washer. Oh! And the Sticky Back canvas was painted using Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints and the paints also held up well wish washing.

I made this one before I discovered that I could even go backwards on the sewing machine, I can't wait to make more now that I am learning more about sewing! If you make any Sticky Back embellished T's let me know and I'll link to them. Maybe we need to do a Sticky Back Canvas fashion show!!