making time to make tiny little things

This week feels really busy! Busier than the usual REALLY busy pace. This week feels CRAZY busy! I have been in a flurry of emailing, returning phone calls and making art as fast as I can. Against my better judgment I have joined a miniature swap - as IF I time to be doing this!

I met Amy (from Inspire Co) a few weeks ago when I first moved here and she told me about this miniature swap, called Club Little House that she hosts. I got so excited! (see previous swaps from Club Little House here)

I immediately thought of all the mini things I used to make for my Barbies in their Dream House. I loved Barbies!! When I was about 6 or 7 I made a fireplace out of an old Jello box and glued on tiny rocks that I gathered from the driveway (can you tell this was the early 80's when rock covered fireplaces were all the rage)! I made a mantle out of a little piece of wood and added "flames" with colored tissue.

I loved making tiny food for my Barbies out of that clay that you make out of flour. It was so exciting! I remember the thrill of making things just to MAKE things. Sometimes I forget that with my long list of things-to-do.

As soon as Amy sent out the announcement about this swap I was IN. Do I have time to be doing this - not really. But it's reminding me of my childhood and the little spark of creating things just for fun, so I think maybe that it's that I don't have the time NOT to do it. Because that is what creativity is all about right?

What am I going to make for this swap? I have an idea! Now to see if it works! I'll keep you updated!