illustration friday: superstition

Here's my submission for Illustration Friday's theme of "superstition"


(click image to enlarge)

"The woman to catch the bride's bouquet will be the next to marry"

My illustration is supposed to depict the bride about to throw the bouquet but I don't know if it reads that way. I have looked at it for so long (
you know when you look at a word too long and then it doesn't look like it is spelled correctly anymore) I started to worry that it might read more like she is catching it. But then I felt too sick from this nasty cold to fuss with it any more.

Never-the-less I was happy I had time and energy to make something new for IF even in my weakened and sickly state! I had fun looking up superstitions to work on this. I never realized how many are part of our daily lives!