busy, busy

Lots going on around here! Today I worked on a couple custom artwork orders. These are for a client who is on vacation down here from Canada. She arranged to have them ready so I can deliver to her hotel and then she can carry them back home. Smart gal!

I found out what was happening to the missing emails, they were going into my client's spam folder. Whew! I was worried, I don't like people to think that I am not responding to their orders right away. I added a note to my order confirmation page letting my customers know to check their spam folders. Hopefully that will alert people to the problem of any potential missing emails. I know we all hate spam, but I tend to think some of these spam filters are just a tad too aggressive. One time I accidentally had mine turned to high and 99% of my emails went directly into the spam folder!