florence day two

Last night I had a really horrible sore throat. I thought if I got a good night sleep it would go away, but then I woke up with it even worse thise morning. I am so annoyed!! I am still hopeful I will be able to shake it off and have been taking lots of Airborne. Grrr! I do not want to be sick on this trip! Teaching a workshop for 7 days is challenging enough but doing it sick would be a nightmare!

Paul and I went to the Pitti Palace this morning and walked around and enjoyed the sights. I am feeling really low energy because my throat is killing me, so I went and had a long rest in the hotel while Paul finished sight seeing this afternoon. I keep thinking of that Kate & Alley episode where Kate (or was it Alley?) was sick on their dream trip to Europe and then Alley runs around having fun while she lays sick in the hotel room.

I did manage to get up around 5pm and we walked around a bit more and now we're off to dinner. Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling all better!