OK here's how it all went down

In the morning I was demoing at the Ranger booth and I was telling them about my plan to give Martha Stewart the artwork. They let me know that Martha was supposed to be walking the floor of the show and that they were on route. They didn't know what time she would be by the booth but it would be sometime between 1-4pm. I knew it would be a way better chance of giving her the artwork than at her keynote speech so I thought "I have to do this! I have to find her!"


I had to go and sign books from 1-2:30pm so I was really worried I would miss her. As soon as I was done with the book signing I rushed back to the Ranger booth and waited. All of a sudden I looked to my right and I saw her!! If I had been looking the other way for one more second I would have missed her. She was walking very quietly with her staff and it would have been easy to miss. But I saw her!

She was about 10 feet away and I turned and I held the artwork out for her staff to see. They gave me a nod and then I approached her and I handed it to her and told her what a fan I am of hers and then I can't remember what I said. I said about 3 sentences and I hope I didn't sound like a crazy person. Then her assistant looks at my name badge and goes "oh you're claudine!" and I go "yeah!" which I think I yelled I was so excited. Wow! That means they had heard of me! How cool is that!!! Then I could tell it was time for them to move on so I said thank you and then I think I ran away!

This morning I woke up and I thought it was all a dream. It happened so fast and it was like a total out of body experience. The Ranger people told me today that they got a photo of Martha holding the artwork while she finished walking the show, so I can't wait to get my hands on that photo! I will post it if I can get it!!

I am just so excited I was able to give it to her. I hope she liked it!! It was such a thrill. I will remember that moment for a long time!