Estefania Aldaba-Lim



Fanny Aldaba-Lim
AKA Estefania Aldaba-Lim


  • 1st Filipina to become special ambassador to the United Nations, with the rank of assistant secretary general during the International Year of the Child (1979)
  • 1st Filipina clinical psychologist (1948)
  • Founding President of the Museo Pambata, the first children’s museum in the Philippines (1994)



QUOTE
“I am not confined to my own particular field -- say, Psychology -- but can range freely in any direction because I have made myself participate in the entire gamut of human endeavor and can say, I have proved competent in various areas.”


ALIAS
"Tita Fanny" (Aunt Fanny)


DATE OF BIRTH
January 6, 1917

BIRTHPLACE
Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines


HUSBAND: Luis Lim Sr.
Estefania and Luis had six children.


YEAR OF DEATH
March 7, 2006


USEFUL LINKS

Fanny Aldaba-Lim
'Fantastic' role model, trailblazer, buried today
Resolution Honoring the Life and Legacy of Dr. Estefania Aldaba-Lim
Listen and read